You are migrating fixed assets via extended template, however an error is raised when simulating the import in the migration tool.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list and navigate to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Open activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the concerned migration unit and click Execute Migration.
- Select the migration object for fixed assets and click Process File.
- On the simulate import phase, you get the following error: Calculation reference date <DD-MM-YYYY> is not in fiscal year <YYYY>.
You are migrating fixed assets in the current year, however the Posting Date and Valuation Date in the Asset Posting Lines are not in accordance to compile a valid source xml file.
In this current example, if you are migrating during a fiscal year you have to consider the Transaction Type and Line Item Type to fill out the valuation and posting dates.
For example, in situations such as:
- Historical Cumulated Acquisitions: For transactions of type Migration of Accumulated Values (Current Year) and line item Historical Costs, the Posting Date and Valuation Date should be the first day of the current fiscal year.
- Sum of depreciations during current fiscal year: For transactions of type Periodic Depreciation and line item Periodic Regular Depreciation, the Posting Date and Valuation Date should be the migration date.
Therefore, please, review and adjust the Valuation Date and Posting Date in your xml file and simulate the import again. You may find furher examples in the Documentation sheet of your migration file.
KBA , LOD-LE-MKT , Marketing , How To