- When trying to export to Flash/Html a complex Dashboard in Dashboard designer you receive the following error message:
"Could not generate the Flash file (SWF); the cause is not known. Try again. If the problem persists, contact your customer support representative."
- SAP Dashboards 4.1
- MS Office 2010/2013
Reproducing the Issue
Open the dashboard
- Put large number of formulas into the excel, and bind them to several objects
- Go to File->Preferences->Excel options. Enable "Optimize spreadsheet"
- go to File->Export->Flash / Html
- Wait few minutes and the error message appears
- Spreadsheet optimization cannot be performed since you have large number of formulas in your embedded excel sheet in your dashboard file.
Disable the "optimize spreadsheet" option.
- Open your file in Dashboard Designer
- Disable "Optimite spreadsheet" in File->Preferences->Excel options
- Save your file and restart Dashboard Designer
- You will be able the generate the flash file
- "optimize spreadsheet" option is enabled by default
- It will make swf run faster, but will took longer (and more resource) to generate the swf. You can use it as long as the swf generation can finish successfully.
- 1754859 When publishing the Dashboards to SAP portal through Dashboards Design 4.0, error occurs: "Could not generate the swf file"
optimize spreadsheet, Could not generate the Flash file, Dashboard, DD 4.1 , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem