In the Projects view of the Cost and Revenue workcenter, no plan values are calculated for project XYZ. The error message displayed mentions that the fiscal year/period could not be derived:
'Cannot derive FY/period from start date xx.xx.xxxx (company ABC / SoB DEF)'.
This problem leads to not having the Total Planned Cost calculated under the Project Overview tab in the project.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue workcenter.
- Choose the Projects view.
- Select project ID XYZ.
- Press View Planned Values.
- Under the Messages tab you can see an error message Cannot derive FY/period from start date xx.xx.xxxx (company ABC / SoB DEF).
The Start Date and End Date maintained for the project define an interval referring to a fiscal year not yet created in the system.
Example: The Start Date is set to the 28.07.2015 and the End Date to the 05.02.2016. If you have not created the Fiscal Year 2016 in the system yet, the error message will be generated.
You need to create the relevant Fiscal Year for the Company and Set of Book mentioned in the error message.
- Go to the General Ledger workcenter.
- Choose the Sets of Books and Assigned Companies view.
- Select the revelant Company and Set of Books.
- Press Edit Fiscal Years.
- Press New Fiscal Year.
Plan values, Project, Fiscal year , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To