The Invoice Date in the Project based sales order item is different than the date of invoicing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Sales Order view and in the Find field search with ABC(where ABC is the sales order id).
- Open Sales Order ABC and click on the Edit button and further on the View ALL button.
- Go to the Items tab and in the Details Item section below.
Here you can for an item YY(where YY is the Project based Item) the Invoice Date is XX. YY. ZZZZ.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Request view and in the Find field search with reference to Sales Order ABC.
- You can see there is a Customer Project Invoice Request with the reference to the item YY ,in which Invoice Date is showing as XX1. YY1. ZZZZ1.
The Invoice Date that you see in Sales Order ABC->Item YY is the proposed invoice date for that item.
We always default this date to the Creation-On date of the Sales Order ,which can be manually change in the follow-up document i. e. within Customer Project Invoice Request or Invoice Document and this will be consider as the actual invoice date.
This is an expected system behavior.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To