When you try to migrate Fixed Assets, system throws below error message:
File validation failed. Create an incident
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the migration activity - Migration of Accounting Transaction Data
- Execute Migration for the respective unit.
- Highlight the Migration File (Fixed Assets)
- Select Process File
The cause for the issue is that the date format used in some of the fields (EX: Start Date, End Date)are incorrect.
The date format which you enter in the migration template should match the date format in the system. Change the date format and try the migration.
Note: In case, if you are not able to change the date format in the migration template then it might be because of regional date and time setting in the local system. This can be changed as follows,
1. Go to Control Panel in your PC/laptop
2. Open Change date, time or number format under Regional and Language.
3. Format tab
4. Change the short date .
5. Apply button.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To