- How to display 'Middle Name' in Employee Profile Search.
SuccessFactors: Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Employee Profile
- Serach for any user who has middle name.
- We can see that 'Middle Name' is not appearing in Employee Profile search even though middle name exists:
There could be following reasons for middle name not appearing in Employee Profile-
- There is no read/write permission configured in Role based Permission.
- For non RBP clients, permission for Middle Name is not defined for roles.
- Target population would be incorrectly defined in RBP.
To make Middle Name appear in Employee Profile Search, we need to check or configure following configuration-
- For Non RBP instance, Support Engineer should check data model xml for 'Middle Name'. It should be defined as below:
- For RBP instance, client needs to check role based permission; read or write permissions should be correctly defined-
- If Role Based Permission are set up correctly then we need to check Target Population for a specific role.
- Middle name would only be visible when 'Target Group' and 'Target Population' is set to 'Everyone', as below:
Conclusion - To make 'Middle Name' visible to all, we need to set Grant Role to 'Everyone (All) users' and Target Population to 'Everyone'.
Middle Name in Employee Profile , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To