When you import numeric values to Employee Central and those values contain 4 or more decimal places you see that they have been truncated and rounded to 3 decimal places in Employee Central.
SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
This issue can be reproduced for any field with type double.
- Create a Recurring Pay Component import file
- Enter a value for paycompvalue (Amount) containing 4 or more decimal places
- Import the file
- View the user's Compensation Information in Employee Central and see that value was truncated to 3 decimal places
By default, Employee Central will round decimal values to 3 decimal places.
You will need an Implementation Partner or SAP Support to assist you with this as it requires a change to Succession Data Model.
It is possible to modify the number of decimal places displayed to between 0 and 5.
- Open the Succession Data Model in a text editor
- Identify the field you which to change the number of decimal places displayed
- Add maximumFractionDigits="#" to the HRIS field
- Replace # with the number of decimal places between 0 and 5 you wish to display
- Save and import the updated Succession Data Model
EC, rounding, fractions, truncated, lost, missing, incorrect, numbers, digits, fraction , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem