While executing a Journal statutory report you receive the error message Report size exceeds defined limits; use Schedule or Schedule and Print.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center
- Go to Periodic Tasks > Statutory Reports view
- Open one of the available Journal reports (report is country-based so the availability depends on the countries you have scoped)
- Click New > Blank Report Run
- Enter the required Report Parameters and Run Details
- Click Next
Error message is thrown: Report size exceeds defined limits; use Schedule or Schedule and Print.
When you create a new Journal statutory report and click Next, the system evaluates if the total number of journal entries is within the allowable limit that can be handled in the foreground (1000 journal entries).
If yes it will go to next screen and generate records.
If no it will force you to run the report in a background job, by using the Schedule or Schedule and Print functionality.
With this approach the system avoids a session timeout dump. In background mode the system is able to render all the records into multiple PDF documents.
The solution is to use either Schedule or Schedule and Print options.
In addition to that, for better performance we also recommend to generate the report on a monthly basis in background mode and outside your regular business hours.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To