The Cost Estimate for project based service items such as PBTM - Service - time and material (project) and PBFP - Service - fixed price (project) is displayed as 0,00 in sales orders.
Reproducing the Issue
- Got to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open sales order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- Go to the Items tab.
- Select line item XX (XX represents the number of the line item).
- You can see that the Item Type of the service is either Service - time and material (project) or Service - fixed price (project)
- Go to the Pricing and Invoicing tab and select the Pricing sub tab.
- Expand the item XX and select the line Cost.
- The cost is displayed as 0,00.
You expect a cost estimate for this Service to be displayed. This cost estimate should be pulled from the valuation tab in the service master data.
The Cost Estimate for Project based Services such as PBTM - Service - time and material (project) and PBFP - Service - fixed price (project) is never determined in the sales order and therefore always 0,00. This is the correct and expected system behaviour.
You can edit this Price Component manually in the Pricing view for profit analysis reasons for project based services and entitlements.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , Product Enhancement