While posting an unposted source document of type Sales Order, the system displays an error message Cost rate for resource XXX and set of books ABC valid on DD.MM.YYYY is missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center
- Choose the Closing Cockpit View
- Choose the Source Documents sub view
- In the Source Documents select the option Unposted Source Documents in the Show view and choose the Go button
- A list of all Unposted Source Documents will appear, select your unposted source document. When you try to post the document system displays an error message Cost rate for resource XXX and set of books YYY valid on DD.MM.YYYY is missing
The Resource Cost Rate is not valid in the Set of Books ABC on the date DD.MM.YYYY or you maintained the combination but entered the rate as zero, which is essentially the same as not maintaining any actual cost rate.
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center
- Choose the Master Data view
- Choose the Resources subview
- Choose the Resource XXX
- Choose Edit button
- Go to Valuation tab
- Choose the Set of Books ABC
- Choose the Maintain Cost Rate button
Cost rate should be with certain value other than maintaining as zero.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To