While creating a sales order the tax calculation is not done and you see an error message: Tax calculation failed; trigger a calculation again
You have activated VERTEX add-on on your system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order work center
- Select the Sales Order with the error message and click on Edit
- When you open the affected document you see error message Tax calculation failed; trigger a calculation again
You might also see this on a Service Order or any transactional document with Sales and Use Tax for US.
A variation of this error message is also shown: No Results Returned by External Provider
As VERTEX is enabled, during tax rate determination the webservice call fails and tax rate is not determined because of an error with communication arrangements created for the service.
Check the connection with the webservice following the steps below:
- Go to Application and User Management work center
- Select Communication Arrangements view
- Select the Communication Scenario created for VERTEX
- Click on Edit
- Select the Outbound Communication
- Click on Check Connection
The communication would be correctly set up when no errors are shown for this checking.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To