Candidate search by country results in the error message: Search Error error: Search Failed. Either the searchers country is not configured or it is not using country picklist:
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting > Candidates
- Use search criterion "Basic Info" > "Country"
- Select any country from the drop-down menu
- Click on "Search"
When using Privacy Options, the country of the User performing Candidate Search has to respect the ISO Country names standards.
1. Verify the ISO Country List: http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/country_codes
2. Compare the country names in your picklist .csv file with the ISO contry names standards.
3. If the values are different, please correct them in the picklist .csv
NOTE: It is recommended that country names which don't respect ISO standards are not used in the picklist.
E.g. the official country name according to ISO standards is "Korea, Republic Of" (and not "South Korea").
If the user's country in the Employee Profile is "South Korea":
The Candidate search will show the error message:
If the User's country name is changed to the correct value "Korea, Republic Of":
The user can perform Candidate Search without any issues:
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem