System converts a Month as 30,436875 Days in the business documents like Purchase Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go To Purchase Requests and Orders Work Center
- Go To Purchase Requests View
- Select the filter All Purchase Requests, search for the Purchase Request ABC
- Create a Purchase Order from Purchase Request ABC
- In the Items tab, the Quantity is changed to Days
While creating a Purchase Order, the Unit of Measure (UoM) is converted to Days and takes Months as "1 month = 30,436875 days" in the UoM field.
The reason being the months do not have always the same quantity of days. Also, the conversion between days and months is a known conversion and is not necessary to maintain this conversion in the master data.
This is a business decision to have the definition of 1 month = 30,436875 days. This is based on the Gregorian calendar, where a month length is defined as 30.436875 days.
This is expected system behavior.
In order to make number of days an integer (30 or 31 days), you will have to manually edit the data in the UoM field in the business document.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To