You want to add a G/L account to a structure item of your reporting structure. But the G/L account is not available in the selection list.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration workcenter go to the Implementation Projects view and select the current project.
- Open the Activity List and navigate to the Fine-Tune-phase.
- Find the Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account determination task and open it.
- Under Financial Reporting Structures press on Edit financial reporting structures.
- Select the respective structure and press Edit.
- Now navigate to the structure item where you want to add the G/L account.
- Select the row and press Actions - Assign Account.
- In the selection list you can't find the G/L account that you want to add.
The Financial Reporting structure is not consistent. Not being able to assign further G/L accounts to the structure is a symptom of the structure inconsistency. In most cases the inconsistency is caused by duplicate G/L account assignments:
A) Structure was created in SAP ByDesign:
Use the Check Consistency function to find a reason for the inconsistency: Press on the Check Consistency button.
An error message appears: Duplicate assignments exist in the structure.
B) Structure was created via Import from Excel:
In this case the consistency check is not reliable. It will state: Financial Structure is consistent.
It is however very likely that the reporting structure is not consistent.
To check if there are duplicate assignments in your financial reporting structure you can export the structure to Excel. In Excel use the Duplicate Values function to identify the respective assignments:
- Again in the Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination task press on the Edit financial reporting structures link under Financial Reporting Structures.
- Select the respective strucure and press Export to Microsoft Excel.
- Save the structure locally and then open it.
- In Excel highlight the Items column.
- In the Home tab press Conditional Formatting.
- Select Highlight Cells Rules and then select Duplicate Values.
- In the little pop-up window you should see Format cells that contain: Duplicate values with Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text.
- Press OK.
- This way all duplicate values can be easily identified.
- You can remove the duplicate assignments either in Excel and then import the structure again* or you remove the assignments directly in Fine tuning:
Open the structure via Edit.
Find the structure item where you want to remove a duplicate.
Press Actions - Assign Account and deselect the account by unticking the box.
The structure should now be consistent again and it will be possible to assign further accounts.
Cannot Assign G/L Account, Financial Reporting Structure, Identify, Duplicate Assignments, Structure, G/L account, not available, selection list , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To