- SAP BW System missing.
- List of SAP Systems incomplete in Lumira.
- After adding a new entry in SAP Logon, the new SAP BW System is not listed in Lumira.
- The list of available SAP Systems is different in SAP Lumira, than what is listed in SAP Logon / GUI.
- When attempting to connect to SAP BW from Lumira, some of the SAP Systems are not listed, but it shows up in the SAP Logon.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.27 and above
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Logon, add a new SAP System. ( Example: SAP System 03 - NEW )
- In SAP Lumira, create a document using the connection: "Download from SAP Business Warehouse"
- In the window "Download from SAP Business Warehouse", select "Local BW System"
- When expanding the list of available servers, notice the new SAP System is not listed.
- SAP Logon stores the SAP Systems entries in the file: saplogon.ini
- Lumira reads the SAP Systems entries stored in the file: saplogon.ini
- When there are multiple saplogon.ini files on the computer, Lumira reads the first it finds, and in this situation, it indicates the SAP Logon application updated a different saplogon.ini file than the one read by SAP Lumira.
- When Lumira look for the SAP Systems file: saplogon.ini, it searches in the following path, in the following order, until the file is found:
- Environment Variable: SAPLOGON_INI_FILE
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\PathConfigFilesLocal
- User App Data (APPDATA), which is usually C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common
- System Root (SYSTEMROOT), which is usually C:\Windows
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\ConfigFilesLastUsed\ConnectionConfigFile
- Java library path (Set by -Djava.library.path or Set to PATH in Windows)
- Ensure there is only one saplogon.ini file on the computer, and only leave the saplogon.ini file that the SAP Logon store the SAP System entries.
- Find where the SAP Logon / GUI stores the SAP Systems information.
- Launch SAP Logon.
- Click in the upper left corner of the SAP Logon window.
- In the menu, select "Options..."
- In the window, "SAP GUI Options", under SAP Logon Options in the left pane, select "Configuration Files"
- On the right side, under Loaded Local Files, the type "connection" displays the path to the saplogon.ini, where the SAP Logon save the SAP Systems. Note: It also shows if there is an environment variable defined for the path to the saplogon.ini
- Take notes of the path for the saplogon.ini
- Perform a search on the local computer for the file: saplogon.ini
- Rename all the saplogon.ini with a different extension, like ".duplicate", except the saplogon.ini found at the path defined in SAP Logon / GUI
When restarting Lumira, it will read the expected saplogon.ini file, and the expected list of SAP System will be displayed.
SAP Lumira, missing entries, SAP BW , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0