When you try to create a new Material Cost Estimate, system raises the error: Creation Of Material Cost Estimate Failed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Inventory Valuation work center
- Select Material Cost Estimate view
- Click on New and select Material Cost Estimate
- Enter Material ID and Business Residence
- Click on Simulate or Estimate button
Here system raises the error: Creation Of Material Cost Estimate Failed.
In order to estimate cost of the material, Procurement type of the material should be In-House Production or Internal Procurement. When you check master data of the material, Procurement type of the material is set to External Procurement. This means that the material is not manufactured or procured internally for which cost can not be estimated.
- In the Inventory Valuation work center go to the Materials view.
- Show All Materials.
- Search for the respective Material and press Edit.
- Navigate to the Planning tab.
- Select the row with appropriate planning area.
- Under the Procurement Section change the procurement type to either In-House Production or Internal Procurement.
- Press Save.
Create a new Material cost estimate again.
KBA , AP-PMM , Production Model Management , How To