- Crystal Reports attempts to login with empty password
- Error "Login failed for user '*****'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided."
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Activate CRLogger following SAP KBA 1603398
- Open any report connected to any relational database like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase, etc.
- Refresh the report in CR Designer
- Review the log file and notice a logon error for attempt to login with an empty password
This behavior is By Design and stays the same from legacy versions of Crystal Reports. The application makes attempt to initialize some logon properties.
The only exception is Universe connectivity.
Using the Registry Editor can cause serious problems that may require reinstalling the operating system. SAP is not responsible for any problems resulting from using the Windows Registry Editor; use it at your own risk. SAP recommends that you back up the registry before you edit it.
To disable the attempt add the following registry key:
Recognized Values: Yes; No
Default Value: Yes
at the following locations:
For Crystal Reports 2008:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ (on 64 bit OS)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ (on 32 bit OS)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Database\
For Crystal Reports 2011:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software \Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ (on 64 bit OS)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software \ SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database\ (on 32 bit OS)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database\
Note: Registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE applies to all Users on the machine, but the HKEY_CURRENT_USER applies only to the User currently logged in to the machine. If both keys set, Crystal Reports will take the value from HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
For the registry key to take effect the application (CR Designer or BI Server) needs to be restarted
fake login, extra logon , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem