Crystal Reports 2013 crash.
- When attempting to logon to Salesforce.com, Crystal Reports 2013 generates the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working", and then close.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2013, create a new report, and select the data source: "Salesforce.com"
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password, and click "Finish"
Crystal Reports 2013 generates the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working"
and the application close.
- This issue occurs when the user's password needs to be reset due to Salesforce.com security policy set for the user to change the password at a regular interval.
- This workflow is not taken in consideration in Crystal Reports, and it is causing the application to crash.
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and has been tracked under SAP Note 2177876
- The issue is resolved in the following product update:
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 07 and above
If you cannot apply a product update for some time, then to successfully logon to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, login to Salesforce.com website, and change your password as required by Salesforce.com security policy:
- In a web browser, enter the Salesforce.com url: https://login.salesforce.com/
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password. and click "Log in to Salesforce"
- In the "Change Password" screen, enter a new password, and click "Save"
- It will now be possible to successfully connect to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports 2013 with the new password.
CR, SForce, Salesforce, crash , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2013