- No SAP Systems listed.
List of available SAP Systems to connect to is blank.
- Unable to create new report on an SAP BW BEx Query or other SAP Data Sources in Crystal Reports when the SAP Logon 7.4 and NWBC 5.0 is installed on the same computer.
- It is possible to create reports on SAP Data Sources in Crystal Reports on computer where SAP Logon 7.3 and lower is installed.
- Crystal Reports 2008
SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In the SAP Logon 7.4, add entries to SAP Systems.
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "SAP", select "Create New Report from query..."
- In the SAP Logon windows, it does not list any SAP System entries to select from. The list is empty.
When the SAP Logon 7.4 and the SAP Netweaver Business Client 5.0 is installed on the same computer, it does not store the SAP System entries in the file saplogon.ini, as it will normally do, but stores it in xml files.
- Crystal Reports does not list any SAP Systems because it takes the SAP System entries information from the saplogon.ini file, and since there is no saplogon.ini file, no SAP System entries are listed.
- This issue has been reproduced at SAP, and has been tracked under SAP Note 2163607
- There is unfortunately no product update at this point that resolve this issue.
- The suggestion is to install on a different computer the SAP Logon 7.4 or lower only, then add the SAP Systems entries, and finally copy the generated saplogon.ini file to your computer where Crystal Reports is installed:
- On a different computer, install the SAP Logon 7.4 or lower only. Do not install other components like NWBC.
- In the SAP Logon, add the SAP Systems entries needed. This will store the entries in the file: saplogon.ini
- Copy the file: saplogon.ini, which is by default located in the following directory:
- On the other computer where Crystal Reports is installed, add the file: saplogon.ini, that you copied in step 3, to the following directory:
Now, when creating a new report in Crystal Reports on an SAP Data Source, it will list the SAP Systems.
- 2368737 - Logon failed.: The attempt to log on with a password failed. error displayed in Crystal Reports Designer when connecting SAP BW BEx Query or SAP Datasources
- 2390822 - Logon failed.: The attempt to log on with a password failed. error displayed in Crystal Reports Designer when connecting SAP BW BEx Query or SAP Datasources
CR, blank, empty, SAP GUI, nothing, missing SAP Systems , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013