What is it?
Since 1708 release, custom report developers can now download a custom reporting interface called Plateau Report Designer (PRD) and review the connection credentials directly from the SF LMS application.
Why is it important?
Previously report developers had to contact customer support to get the report designer client loaded to the FTP site, and the login parameters were not easily identifiable. Now, the right admin with the right access can find what they need, when they need it, right in the application.
This option will not be visible nor can be enabled in Production instances.
VJDBC connections are given to only one stage or test instance per customer, but you can request to transfer the VJDBC connection to another preview instance.
Please note that you still have to contact the support for the initial setup for VJDBC connection and report_developer role to access the database.
The 1708 enhancement only impacts for the customers who have the initial setup done.
The Plateau Report Developer is a third party application where SF Support is limited to the VJDBC connection setup only.
Although you can use any VJDBC custom report designer, SF Support cannot assist setting up or troubleshooting these applications; however we have additional resources in the See Also section below specifically for Plateau Report Designer.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
- In order to create reports using the Plateau Report Designer (PRD) Read Only access to the database is needed.
- To connect to the data source, the VJDBC connection (Virtual Java Database Connection) needs to be deployed.
- The output of the VJDBC connection in LMS UI is an admin role called REPORT_DEVELOPER deployed by SuccessFactors during the VJDBC connection set up process.
- This role REPORT_DEVELOPER can be requested by creating a Customer support Incident with the SuccessFactors LOD-SF-LMS-PRD component. Don't forget to provide the STAGE or Preview Instance URL.
- This role is different from the roles created through the LMS UI since it requires certain database connections open for it which can only be completed by SuccessFactors.
- The instance should have the initial setup of VJDBC/PRD done by creating a SAP Cloud Product Support Incident with the following detail:
- Environment the request is for (non-production such as test or stage)
- Timeframe needed by (please note the request may take 1-2 weeks to complete)
- Reference this KBA 2171592 with the SuccessFactors LOD-SF-LMS-PRD component with the STAGE or Preview Instance URL.
- The admin should have the REPORT_DEVELOPER role. (This role is only available if the VJDBC setup is done before):
- Once the VJDBC connection is set up, the REPORT_DEVELOPER role is added to your SuccessFactors Learning staging environment
- Important: Before accessing the data source, the REPORT_DEVELOPER role must be assigned to the admin account which may be unassigned due to refreshes ot other reasons.
- Please review the "Setting up a Plateau Report Designer Account" User Assistance Documentation on assigning the REPORT_DEVELOPER role
In the Preview cycle LMS environment (i.e. Staging with preview release, Sandbox, and etc.):
- Login as an admin with the fulfilled prerequisites (mentioned above)
- Go To Reports
- Click on Learning Report Designer
NOTE: If you do not have this option, this means your LMS admin does not have the REPORT_DEVELOPER role assigned:
- System Admin > Application Admin > Admin Management
- Search for your admin account and open it in edit mode (pencil icon)
- Highlight the Assigned Roles tab > select 'add one or more from list'
- Search for REPORT_DEVELOPER > check the box > Click "Add"
- Make sure the role contains the workflow "Add Custom Report". This workflow controls the "Learning Report Designer" link.
- Log out and log in again to propagate the changes and navigate to Reports
- Click the button to download the PRD installer file. Also you should be able to see the parameters to configure PRD.
Note: The Database URL is auto populated
If you have issues installing Plateau Report Designer, see the links in the below See Also section.
- After installing the Plateau Report Designer, open & navigate by File>New>New Report, click on Finish button to create a new report workspace, then you can click on the Data menu>New Data Source:
- After selecting the 'JDBC Data Source', use parameters similar to below to build the data source connection:
- Review Downloading Learning Report Designer Documentation for accessing the PRD
- Driver Class: de.simplicit.vjdbc.VirtualDriverBirtWrapper (v1.6)
- Database URL: jdbc:vjdbc:servlet:https://<your instance url>.plateau.com/vjdbc/vjdbc,db10g (auto populated for you when downloading the report designer)
- User Name: An active Staging Admin ID with REPORT_DEVELOPER role.
- Password: The respective adminID password
- JNDI URL: <LEAVE BLANK>
- Online Help:Downloading Learning Report Designer & Setting up a Plateau Report Designer Account
- Guided Answer: PRD Setup and Utilization
- PRD training demo, please refer this Wiki page.
- 2544735 - How to find Plateau Report Designer (PRD) Job Aids, Training and Guides
- 2777238 - Learning Report Designer (a.k.a. Plateau Report Designer) Setup and Troubleshooting Tips
- 2219809 - Important Notice Regarding LMS 2015 Q3 Release - BIRT Design changes with new BIRT
- 2074219 - How to configure PRD to connect to the Hosted Staging database through a Proxy
- 2742523 - Can PRD be installed on Mac/Apple?
- 2324197 - Plateau Report Designer problems
- 2379690 - Custom Report Development and Support - LMS
- Further documentation regarding the Online Report Designer can be found in the Help portal.
SAP SF Success Factors LMS Learning Management System PRD VJDBC REPORT_DEVELOPER plateau report developer develop connect data source db database datasource design custom designer create connection JDBC , KBA , lmsadminui , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , VJDBC Setup or Connection Issues , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , How To