Several Business Users have created the Notes for Accounts. Your requirement is to edit/delete Notes in the Accounts which were created by these Business Users. But the Delete option is not available for the Notes created by another Business User.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center
- Go to the Accounts view
- Select the Account XYZ (where XYZ is the Account ID)
- Select Edit -> Notes button
You can see that the Notes created by other Business Users but you are unable to edit/delete these Notes.
Even if you have all the access rights, you do not have a edit/delete button for Notes which were created by another user. These can only be maintained by the corresponding user. This is the designed behaviour.
The only option to delete any Notes in Accounts is using web service: ManageCustomerIn which we do not recommend to use for mass deletion, but it would work.
In any of the third party tools like SOAPUI / POSTMAN etc. you may use the Request Payload.
Example as below:
<Customer actionCode="02" textListCompleteTransmissionIndicator="true">
For further information on webservice, you may refer to the webservice documentation which is available in your system.
- Go to Application and User Management workcenter
- Go to Input and Output Management view
- Go to Service Explorer subview
- From the drop-down menu, choose All Synchronous Inbound Operations
- Search for the Service Name: ManageCustomerIn
- At the bottom of the screen in the Details section, select Documentation Link
Account Notes, Delete Account Notes, Notes created by another user, Delete button not available, No Delete Option for Notes , KBA , account notes , delete account notes , no delete option for notes , SRD-CRM-ACC , Account Management , How To