You are creating internal tax payments via bank transfer; However, the corresponding payment order does not have an automatic memo line created for the tax scenario.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Go to concerned Tax Returns view.
- In the Show field select Reported Tax Returns Relevant for Payment and select the respective tax return.
- Press Pay.
- Post the tax payment with the required details.
- Refer to the payment order associated to this tax payment.
You'll see that no tax related memo line has been automatically generated in the bank transfer.
The memo line in the payment is a collection of text fragments defined by Payment Correspondence Profiles. This is defined in the Fine-Tune activity Outgoing Bank Transfers. These profiles are responsible for automatically generating the memo line in the payment based on respective invoice/credit memo data depending on the medium format.
The system is currently not designed to support rules for memo lines with tax details.
In order to enter a memo line text manually for a tax payment, you may initiate an external bank transfer (this means, not in the Tax Management work center) and manually enter the desired memo line in the payment. This can be reached by the following steps:
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Click New Bank Transfer under Common Tasks.
- On the new bank transfer screen, for the payee field select your tax authority.
- Fill in all the other mandatory details, such as Payment Amount and Company. You'll be able to manually enter the memo line.
- After you post the payment, go to the Payment Monitor. You'll see the created payment with status Ready for Transfer status. Note that the Postprocessing is Required.
- Click the Required hyperlink to open the Tax Payment screen (as the payee is the tax authority).
- On this screen you can match the payment with the tax return and post the tax payment.
As a result, you have the tax return completed by a tax payment with reference to a bank transfer, which has the manual memo line.
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To