When trying to register for a Schedule Offering in the catalog, some users do not see the Register Now button.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to LMS
- Search the catalog for the item associated with SO.
- Select View Course Dates
- You should see Register Now button on the right of the date/time
- Select segment you want to register in
- Top right should be a Register Now button
- Search the catalog for the item assocaited with SO.
- Select the item title
- Select Register Now
- Under Available Offerings you should see Register Now
Following are the possible reasons.
- 'Self Registration' of the SO(s) is set to 'No' in the Scheduled Offering record summary.
- The Registration cut-off date is in the past
- User has no access to the catalog(s) where the Scheduled Offering is added to.
- User is already enrolled to another SO of the item and the two SO dates are overlapping based on Registration Threshold Days.
- Ex: Item A has two SOs 101 and 102. 101 is on November 1 while SO 102 is on November 18 of the same year. User registered first to any of these two. He will not be able to enroll to the other because it is still within 30 days. The SO that he will be able to enroll to are those dated December 1 onwards. or October 2 backwards.
- See Registration Threshold Days Learning Items Summary Fields for more information.
- If the prerequisite item is already inactive, it will not show under 'Prerequisites' nor in the 'Item With Prerequisites' report. Because of this, it sometimes appear that the user has already completed all item prerequisites but in reality, there is a hidden inactive prerequisite item that has not yet been completed.
Following are the reolutions corresponding to each cause above.
- Set 'Self Registration' to 'No'.
- Extend the Registration cut-off date or inform the user that he/she is no more allowed to enroll to the course.
- Make sure that the SO is in a catalog which the user can access.
- To check the catalog(s) which the user can access, open the user record and check Catalof Preview in Related/More.
- "Access Calendar of Scheduled Offerings" and "Add to Learning Assignments"
- If all causes above have been checked and did not resolve the issue, create a support ticket to check if there are inactive prerequisite items. Once the support team identifies that item from DB, you'll need to temporarily activate the item again so you can remove it from the list of prerequisites.
Register button missing, don't see Register Now, Register Now, self-registration issue , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , LMS Items , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem