During asset procurement, you expected the system to post a fixed asset acquisition automatically after you posted a purchase order and a goods and services receipt, however neither a fixed asset nor an individual material were created.
This Case Document is based on the fixed asset acquisition scenario Automatic posting from a purchase order after goods receipt described in the help document Individual Materials and Acquisitions.
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a purchase order with Account Assignment CC - Cost Center
- You have defined threshold values for capitalizing fixed assets and low-value assets (fine tuning activity Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets).
- You have specified derivation rules for asset class determination. In other words you have linked the Company ID to a Product Category ID and a Fixed Asset Class (fine tuning activity Fixed Asset Classes > Asset Class Determination option)
- For the specific fixed asset class you have determined default values for the depreciation method and useful life, which can be transferred automatically to a new fixed asset (fine tuning activity Fixed Asset Classes > Edit fixed asset classes option)
- Go to Goods and Services Receipts work center
- Go to Receipts and Returns > Show by Documents view
- Open the goods and services receipt you've posted to the purchase order with account assignment Cost Center created previously
- Click View All and go to the Items tab
Under Basic Data tab, notice that neither a fixed asset nor an individual material were created.
In addition to that, checking the journal entry created for the goods and service receipt you notice that the G/L Account debited is not the one assigned to Fixed Assets Historical Costs (Fixed Assets subledger) as you expected.
While creating the goods and service receipt you didn't opt to create a New Individual Material, which then triggers the checks for the prerequisites described in the section above for the creation of a new fixed asset.
The system will only create a new individual material and its fixed asset and post the acquisition value to the individual material automatically if you select the New Individual Materials option before posting the goods and service receipt:
- Go to Goods and Services Receipt work center
- Go to Purchase Orders to Be Delivered > Show by Documents view
- Select the purchase order created and click New Goods and Services Receipt
- Under Items section, click New Individual Materials button (notice that an Individual Material section is displayed)
- Click Post
If all the prerequisites are fulfilled, a new individual material and its fixed asset are created by the system and the acquisition value is posted to the individual material.
In addition to that, if you check the journal entry created you'll see that the G/L Account debited is now the one assigned to Fixed Assets Historical Cost (Fixed Assets subledger).
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To