User is not able to save configuration changes. When configuring Field Permission in the Manage tempalte UI, the system gives "Please select at least one of the owner roles in permission in permission # for field #" message. However, there is no option to add in owner-role unless the feild-id is "section-comment".
- SuccessFactors Performance Management
- PM v12A
Reproducing the Issue
- Clone a template via admin tools and now try to save new permissions.
- Or Migrate a new template to PM v12A and try to update permissions.
- This issue does not occur if a new template is created from SuccessStore.
This is due to missing owner role configuration in field permission
We are working on a permenent fix to resolve this issue PMU-1905. In the meantime, there are 2 workarounds:
- Delete the permission and add them back again. The newly added permission will automatically have owner-role information inserted in automatically.
- Change the field type to “Section-comments”
- The owner roles option will now appear in the UI
- If nothing is selected for owner role, set it to “all” . Note: If option is set to selected or custom AND there is a role selected, do not make any changes. This mean there is an owner-role configuration already.
- Change the field type back to the original field-type. Note: the owner roles option WILL disappear from the screen when you change back the field type, however, the setting is still there.
- Repeat step #1 - #4 for each of the field permission.
- Click on Done and all the error message about owner role should disappear.
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-PM-FRM , Forms & Templates , Bug Filed