Reasons for wanting to adjust the Log4j logging mode may include the following:
- A need for greater verbosity of information to address an issue with the application/server.
- A need to reduce the volume of information recorded due to the size of file on disk.
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS), version b1308+ (On-Premise)
- Go to the location indicated below:
- Look for "learning-core-b1308.10.1.jar" (This may vary based on shipped version).
- Unzip locally and look for "log4j-TMS-dev.xml".
- Rename to "log4j-TMS.xml" (No spaces and test names).
- Copy renamed log4j file to following location:
- Restart the server. The server should now start in debug mode.
Note: If you're looking to log even less information than the "standard" or shipped Log4j file, you can modify the "log4j-TMS-dev.xml" file to your own desirable state after Step #3 above, and before you rename it in Step #4. If further help is needed on how to adjust this file, please consult online resources or request Professional Service assistance as this area of troubleshooting is outside the scope of Customer Success (support).
Space , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To