You created an extension field for the account contacts which gives you the possibility to maintain notes for contacts. You want to update the notes for multiple contacts via migration, but the notes are not getting populated in the UI.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Go to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Open the activity Migration of Customers.
- Click Migrate Customers using the Migration Tool.
- Download the migration template and fill in the necessary data.
- Fill in the notes in the Notes sheet of the migration template.
- Upload the file into the system and perform the migration step by step.
After performing the migration successfully, you realize that the contacts` notes from the migration template have not been uploaded into the system.
The Notes sheet from the migration file is being used for updating notes for Accounts, but not for Contacts. Since your field Notes from the Contacts details is an extension field, this field will be also present in the migration file, but in the Contacts sheet.
Please maintain the contacts` notes in the Notes column from the Contacts sheet in your migration template.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To