- When Saving the Dashboards to SAP portal through Dashboards Design 4.1, your receive the following error message:
"Could not generate the Flash File (SWF); the cause is unknown. Try again. If the problem persist, contact your customer support representative"
- The same error message appears when you export your Dashboard file to Flash (SWF)
- In the trace files of Dashboard designer you see the following:
"Exception during generation: Unknown error 0x800A03EC"
- SAP Dashboards 4.1 SP05
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Dashboards with QAAWS connection and large number of formulas in excel sheet.
- Go to File -> Save to Platform -> Desktop only
- The window "Generating SWF" appears
- The error message appears
- Issue caused by incorrect formulas in your excel sheet
- Check and correct your formulas in the Dashboards. Use Formulas->Error Checking->Circular references menu to display any circular references in your excel file.
- Refer to the below link to troubleshooting elements in the dashboard:
Dashboard,Formulas,Circular reference,Unknown error,0x800A03EC,Exception during generation , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem