You have set a Reorder Point in the Master Data of the product ABC, however the defined quantity has no effect when running the MRP.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center
- Go to Products view
- Search and select the product ABC
- Select Open
- Select the option Run Planning, then Single BOM Level
- System does not generates any proposal, although the Available Quantity is less than the Reorder Point defined in master data of the product
System is working as designed. It does not create any proposal because you have selected the planning procedure Demand-Driven Planning instead of Consumption-Based Planning.
By changing the procedure back from Demand-Driven Planning to Consumption-Based Planning, you will see that the reorder point is the same entered before.
Although the system keeps the Reorder Point Quantity when changing between the procedures the setting will only be considered when the option Consumption-Based Planning is selected.
You need to set the planning procedure as Consumption-Based Planning.
- Go to Product Data work center
- Go to Materials view
- Search and open the master data for the product ABC
- Select View All
- Select the tab Planning
- Select relevant planning area
- Under the section Planning, set Consumption-Based Planning as Planning Procedure
- Save the changes
KBA , LOD-CRM-LA , Live Activity , How To