- In the Online Status Report, it reports on "Time"
- This KBA covers how this time is calculated
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to LMS Admin
- Navigate to Reports
- Run the Online Item Status Report
- Note the Time column, this KBA clarifies commonly asked questions regarding the Time column:
- Is it cumulative to all times entered?
- Why do some courses not show a "Time" when the "Times Entered" is 1 or greater?
- Some courses were completed but did not recorded a "Time", why?
- The Online Item Status Report is intended to report on the latest (most recent) status of all ASSIGNED online items
- “Assigned” means the item is on the user’s learning plan (use the “All” filter on the Admin view of the user’s learning plan)
- This is not a history report and will only report on the most recent entry and not include other prior history records
- The intended use of this report is to track the status of a current assignments
Is the Time column cumulative?
- Yes. Each time the user launches the content, the system adds the time to the existing "time spent"
Why do some courses not show a "Time" when the "Times Entered" is 1 or greater?
- The 'Time Entered' column value is triggered by the 'Launch Content' button
- As long as the user hit that button, that will be counted as one entry
- The 'Time (HH:MM:SS)' column value is triggered by the communication sent back from the online content once you launch it
- If the user hit the 'Launch Content' button but there's a browser pop-up blocker that blocked the content from even launching or other behaviors stop the user launching the content, there will be no trigger to start the calculating of the session time
- But this will still be counted as a Time Entered of this online item, thus incrementing the "Time Entered" column and not adding additional time to the time spent column.
Some courses were completed but did not recorded a "Time", why?
- If the user didn't actually enter or launch the online content but was been recorded the learning event, you will see behavior that some courses were completed but did not record a "Time" in this report
SCN WIKI: Report UserOnlineItemStatusCSV
2093411 - FAQ: What is the difference and purpose of the Item Status report and Online Item Status report?
2167650 - Why some users with 0 Times Entered have Object Details populated but others not in Online Item Status CSV Report
SF SuccessFactors LMS Learning User Online Item Status Report rpt rep CSV time spent increment cumulative add how explain explanation calculate calculation , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , How To