- Cannot create data for an MDF object, why?
- Cannot search the data for a child object in Manage Data Section, why?
- Cannot associate same MDF object with more than one parent (1711 release update)
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Admin Tools
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM:EC MDF Objects
- SuccessFactorc Cloud HCM: Configure Object Definitions
Reproducing the Issue
- Check if your affected MDF object is associated to another MDF object with Composite Association type
When an MDF object has a Composite association with another object, this entity being associated is a child entity that does not exist outside the parent object being defined. If an object is referred as a composite child in an object, it cannot be used as a top level object.
Therefore, this is not shown in the drop down in Manage Data --> Create New Object. For example, a Location can have a composite association with an Address Object or a Picklist with Picklist values. An Address object cannot exist without a Location object. When you enter Location details you will see a data grid with Address fields.
Important update: Starting 1711, a composite child MDF object cannot be associated with more than one parent MDF object.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- EC: Employee Central
- Configure Object Definitions
- MDF Associations
- Composite Associations