You are not able to delete Document Types for tickets.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation projects view.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-tune step.
- Open the Tickets for Customer/Employee Support activity.
- Click on the Maintain Document Types hyperlink.
- Select the respective Document Type.
You are not able to delete the document type as the Delete button is not enabled.
User defined document types (which begin with the letter Z) can not be deleted if they are already in use (ticket which is using this document type was already created). Only document types which are not in use (no ticket was created using this document type) can be delete.
This is the expected system behaviour.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influence Site at
document type ; ticket ; delete ; status schema , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To