This issue occurs for all migration objects by using any migration mode: Add, Enhance or Modify- you maintained all the data correctly and completely in your migration file, but the system still reports the Service call failed error when performing the migration.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Open (for example) the activity Migration of Purchase Orders.
- Click Migrate Purchase Orders using the Migration Tool.
- Upload your migration file and execute the migration step by step.
The Service Call Failed error occurs during the simulation step, nevertheless you checked your migration file previously and there are no inconsistencies, missing mandatory data, duplicates etc.
When maintaining the data in your migration file, you might have maintained longer texts for some of your key records, which are overlapping the upcoming cells on the right.
- Download the affected migration template.
- Open the Excel file.
- Check all the worksheets for entries with unwrapped text.
- Highlight the cell.
- Right-click the cell and select Format Cells.
- Go to the Alignment tab.
- Check the Wrap text box.
- Click OK.
- Rename the migration file and upload it again in your system.
The Service Call failed error does not occur anymore.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To