- Sending welcome email to users in their locale
- How to send a welcome message to new employees in a specific language
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Employee Profile
- The default locale / language can be set for new hires via import
- This allows a language specific welcome email, if correctly set up, to be sent
- In addition, when they log in the first time they'll see their preferred language
In order to send a welcome message to a new user in his/her language:
- Set up your language specific template via Admin Centre > Tool Search > E-Mail Notification Templates
- While creating new hire via imports and using Basic Import, put in the locale that matches the language specific template in the DEFAULT_LOCALE field:
- If present, the values in the field will determine the languages experienced by the users, only one language per user.
- If the field is left blank for a user, then the company-wide default language will be used.
- This field is visible in the User Data File / Employee Export and it is not required in data file.
- Reference KB article 2432323
NOTE: The DEFAULT_LOCALE field is not currently available in the Add New Hire Wizard. The only way to set a default locale per user is to use Basic Import.
SF , SuccessFactors , Success Factors , EC , BizX , employee data import , new user , welcome email , notification , language , default locale , KBA , employee central , welcome email , default locale , employee profile , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , How To