The Foundation Object to Generic Object association is not visible in the User Interface. But when we update the Foundation Object via User Interface, the association starts working.
For example: Employee’s Compensation Information cannot be assigned the imported Pay Component until a manual edit through the UI is saved.
Reproducing the Issue
We want to show country-specific pay component types in the drop down for selection for an employee based on Country USA, while changing Compensation Information via Manager Self Service-> Take Action.
We modify the Boolean fields in the Corporate Data Model to be not required for Foundation Objects Pay Component.
- Setup Country Wrapper (GO) for Pay Component (FO) as instructed in “EC Implementation Handbook”.
- Associate the Pay Component to Country Wrapper object definition.
- Import Pay Component data without filling up the Boolean fields like Target, Recurring, CanOverride, etc.
- Give Role base permission to the newly created Pay Component(s).
- Associate imported Pay Component to Country.
- Go to employee’s Compensation Information the imported Pay Component is not visible for selection.
This issue happens when we miss to import values to Boolean fields having two values for selection.
Ad-hoc report shows that these fields (recurring, taxTreatment, canOverride, selfServiceDescription) are null, while UI shows the default values on screen.
To fix this, import the pay component(s) in full purge mode again, along with values for all the Boolean fields. Or just update the pay component with any changes and click save.
The new pay Component will start appearing for selection based on employee’s country.
There are two resolutions to this issue:
1: Import the values for the all the Boolean fields present in the Foundation Object.
2: In the UI, Edit the Foundation Object and do some change and click on Save.
SuccessFactors Employee Central Generic Object Foundation Objects Pay Component , KBA , successfactors , employee central , pay component , object created via import not visible , imported pay component not visible , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem