- SAP Business Warehouse Connection in Lumira Desktop failed with the following error message:
- Could not load the details for the SAP Business Warehouse Connections. Make sure that SAP Logon is installed on the system and has SAP Business Warehouse connections defined.
- When the issue occurred, there's an error event in Windows Event Viewer
The description for Event ID 0 from source SAPJVM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
ERROR (:0): OutOfMemoryError: Could not allocate ### bytes
- None of the Lumira log files in the following directories were updated when the issue occurred:
- C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\configuration\*.log
- SAP Lumira Desktop (any version)
- SAP GUI 7.30 or 7.40 is installed on the computer
- Windows 7 64-bit
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Lumira Desktop
- Click "New Document"
- Choose "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse"
- The dialog box freezes for a few seconds and then the error message pops up. The server dropdown box is empty
This issue is caused by a self referencing environment variable in Windows. For example:
Remove or correct the self-reference environment variable definition from Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables.
lumira, desktop, lumdsk, bw, sap gui, sap logon, 740, 730, 7.4, 7.3, unable, can't, connect, create, initiate, start, open, run, bw server, bw client, add new dataset, out of memory, oom, sapjvm, jre, jvm, env variables, , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem