How to import Competency mappings to Job Roles when using JDM 1.0?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite (Job Description Manager - JDM 1.0)
The import functionality of Families/Job Roles/Competencies does not provide a template directly inside SuccessFactors application to update/create new data. Inside this KBA are examples of how you can build a file to be used for the “Import Job Roles” functionality (also known as “Job Family/Roles/Competency Mapping Import”), for mapping Competencies.
Though the header is not visible for this sort of import, this is what it would look like:
- First Column: Should always have the word “COMPETENCY_MAP” in upper case.
- Second Column: Name of the Family that the Job Role associated to the given competency belongs to.
- Third Column: Name of the Job Role that this Competency belongs to.
- Fourth and Fifth Column: Competency Library and Category.
- Sixth Column: Name of the Competency being mapped.
- Seventh and Eighth Column: Expected Rating and Weight %. If this is left as blank, system will use 0% value as default.
Below is a sample of how a simple file for mapping competencies to a role would look like.
JDM 1.0 Import Competency mappings Legacy Job Description Manager , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , How To