The key user observes unassigned approval tasks for expense reports appearing in the Business Task Management view of the Application and User Management work center where the log reads Manager has no approval process group assigned.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view.
- Go to the Business Task Management sub view.
- Select the unassigned approval task created for the Expense Report XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Expense Report).
- Open the application log XXX in the General sub tab (XXX represents the log ID).
You find error messages in the Results section of the log: Line manager found: ABC, Manager has no approval process group assigned (ABC represents Employee Name).
The approval process is defined with approval by Line manager matching the approval limit. In order to determine the approval limit of a line manager, the line manager needs to be assigned to an approval process group, which also defines the approval limit for the approver group.
You have to assign the employee ABC to the appropriate approval process group and then the re-determination should work. This is part of employee master data replication where the value has to be set in the BAdI- implementation on ERP for the employee replication.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To