- The Intention of the user is to move the form to another person while not updating the current manager in the user data.
- To do this, the admin used the Document tranfer option in admin tools.
- The Update Employee's Manager Field checkbox is left unchecked when a document transfer is done.
- The Document tranfer appears to fail as the route steps still show the current manager and not the person the document was transferred to.
Successfactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
Using the Example of a form with the following detail
1. For Example form has the following steps with the Manager named A and Employee Named B
Step 1 – E
Step 2 EM
Step 3 EH
Step 4 EM
Step 5 EM –sign
Form is currently with EH in Step 3. The admin attempts a document transfer to Employee C while leaving the option Update Employee's Manager Field on Document Transfer unchecked
2. When they look at the routemap of the form, it does not appear any change was done and the form remains with all the parties and was not transferred to Employee C
- The form can only be moved to someone with "Update Employee's Manager Field" unchecked if the current step is the Manager Step
- In the previous example, the form was the HR role instead of the Manager so the transfer failed.
- Future steps will always reflect the current hierarchy in the user data file and roles relative to the employee unless the change engine option is enabled to keep forms with the old manager.
Document Transfer Change Engine , KBA , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , How To