You cannot change the Bill-to in sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders Work center.
- Select the view Sales orders.
- Select the sales order XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of the sales order ) and edit.
You can see that field Bill-To is greyed-out. (This behavior is also happening for new sales orders).
The Bill-to party is greyed-out because the business option Redetermination of Bill-To-Party at customer invoice creation has been scoped. Selecting this option leads to the redetermination of address at the time of customer invoice creation and hence you cannot change the Bill-to in sales order.
Please check the Business Configuration scoping following the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration Work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click in Edit Project Scope button.
- Go the Questions step Tab.
- Open Sales->Customer Invoicing->Miscellaneous.
- Uncheck the question "Do you want to re-determine address of 'Bill to Party' at the time of invoice creation?'.
Now you will be able to change the Bill-To name in the Sales Order.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To