This document describes different components of Successfactors Integrated Solution Landscape and explains which components of Integrations are supported by SAP/SFSF and which components are supported by other parties.
For integrating Successfactors with SAP Cloud/OnPremise or 3rdParty Applications, SAP/SFSF provides the framework and standard pre-delivered content, which can further be Configured orCustomized by the Customer or Implementation Partner(Professional Services(PS) or Partner).
There are 3 possible ways to transfer data to/from SFSF applications:
1) Direct File transfer.
2) Using a Middleware.
3) Direct Web-service call.
This document only discusses about the Integration using Boomi Middleware as Integration platform.
Components of Integrations:
1) Successfactors Applications
2) Data Interfaces: Import/Export Jobs, AdHoc Reports & Web Services
3) Integration Platform: Boomi consisting of Integration Content(Processes, iFlows), Local or Cloud atoms
4) Integrating Applications: OnPremise (including SAP) and Cloud Applications (including SAP Cloud & External Cloud applications)
5) Infrastructure: Refers to the Successfactors data centers which hosts SF Server, API server, Boomi Cloud Atoms, Boomi Local Atoms, SFTP/FTP servers in SFSF DC, SFTP/FTP servers in customers landscape.
What is supported by SAP/SFSF?
Successfactors Application issues.
- Import/Export Jobs, Adhoc Reports issues(Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup)
- WebServices(SFAPI/ OData) issues(Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup
SAP/SFSF pre-delivered standard content/iFlow issues: Issue with Mappings, wrong data being sent/passed/transformed, iFlow process design issue.
SFSFBoomi Connector issues
Boomi product limitations: (SAP/SFSF provides 1st level support for Dell issues and engages with Dell to provide a solution)
- SAP Cloud Payroll/ECPayroll issues.
- SAP ERP/OnPremise application issues.
- Configurations issues on the SAP Cloud/OnPremise(Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup)
- SFSF Boomi Atoms: Boomi Atom down, Boomi connectivity issues.
- Boomi Platform (https://platform.boomi.com) down.
- Local Atom: Issue with local atom due to bug in Boomi atom installation packages. (Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup) (SAP/SFSF provides 1st level support for Dell issues and engages with Dell to provide a solution).
- SFSF managed FTP/SFTP server: SFTP error issues (Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup)
What is supported by other parties(outside the scope of SAP/SFSF support):-
Data Interfaces(Responsibility of Customer/Implementation Partners):
- Customized API Data Dictionary
- Customized reports: Issue due to a customized report created which does not generates the desired input file for Boomi process.
- How to questions on API? Customers/Partners should reach out to PS for any consulting questions on APIs.
Integration platform(Responsibility of Customer/Implementation Partners):
- Custom Integration content(SAP/SFSF does initial triaging and customer is responsible to fix issues with custom content).
- How to questions for Custom Boomi processes(Customer IT/Partner/Professional Services responsible for initial setup. Please refer to http://help.boomi.com for reference material on Boomi).
- Customized/enhanced SAP pre-delivered content. (customer responsible for any issue with modified/enhanced/customized SAP pre-delivered content)
- Customer manually work on all corrections, legal changes and feature enhancements they need after modifying the pre-delivered content.
- 3rd Party Integrating Application(Responsibility of Customer/3rd Party Application provider)
- Any issue with 3rd party applications such as Kronos, Ceridian etc.
Infrastructure/Environment related(Responsibility of Customer/ 3rd Party SFTP/FTP provider):
- Local Atom issues: Process failing due to Local atom down, or no memory on the local atom.
- Customer/3rd party vendor managed FTP/SFTP server: SFTP/FTP error issues.
- Middleware(Boomi) Process executions:
- SAP does not montior your daily process exeucutions and this should be done by an admin from your side who can understand your Boomi business processes.
KBA , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , Problem