Connector completion status is "WARN-NO RECORDS".
Reproducing the Issue
The customer reports that the connector did not pick a file and got completed with status "WARN-NO RECORDS". They have made no changes in the connector configuration.
- The connector ran before the background Employee Export job got completed.
- There is a different connector configured to pick the file with the same name.
- The Employee export job failed.
- The Employee export job placed an empty file in the sftp server location.
- Confirm with customer that there is no other connector configured to pick the file with the same name as this one. If that connector runs before this one, it could be picking the file from SFTP server before this one finds it.
- Go to Provisioning->Monitor Jobs<for the affected company>.
- Select job type as Employee Export and find the job that last ran before the connector ran.
- If the job is "failed", troubleshoot further to investigate into the cause of failure.
- Make sure that the completion time is before the connector Start time. Be mindful of the timezone.
- If completion time is after the connector start time, investigate into the cause of the delay.
- Verify that the job start time is atleast an hour before the connector start time. If not, consult with customer and adjust the times accordingly.
- If job completion time is well before the connector start time, we need to check if the file being exported properly.
- Connect to the sftp server with the details provided in the job configuration.
- With the permission of the customer, run the job manually.
- Navigate to the location specified in the job configuration and check if a file was exported.
- If yes, check the size of the file. If it has any relevant data, it should be more that 2 KB. To reverify, open the file.
- If the file has no user data, the job owner doesn't have employee export permissions in BizX.
- Confirm with the customer that the username specified in the filed "Job owner" in the employee export job is granted "Employee Export" permissions in Admin Tools.
WARN-NO RECORDS connector failed , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UM , User Management , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem