When you try to create or run any Ad Hoc reports with some Users an application like the one below.
You are sure that the report works fine with other Users and used to work also with the affected users although it suddenly start generating the error.
An application error occurred. Please try again later, or notify support (with the error information of errorId=XYZ, timestamp=123, and the version information from the current screen) if the issue keeps occurring.
- Ad hoc report
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance with the affected User
- Analytics - Reporting - Ad Hoc Reports
- Try to Run or Create a new report
- The following error message may occur: An application error occurred. Please try again later, or notify support (with the error information of errorId=XYZ, timestamp=123, and the version information from the current screen) if the issue keeps occurring.
Note: The report works fine with other users.
The User configuration may not be as expected.
Such error may occur only for certain Users and Ad Hoc report if the Time Zone is not set for the User.
In this case, the User did not have the Time Zone and Default Locale defined and the issue was solved by configuring it.
The configuration may vary for Employee Central (EC) and Non Employee Central instances.
For standard Customers (without EC)
- This can be done/checked via Admin Tools - Manage User – Time Zone / Default Locale
For Employee Central Customers (with EC)
- The Time Zone can be configured/checked via the Employee Profile (My Employee Files - Profile)
Alternatively it can be configured to populate the location via the Update Employee Records and synch as per KBA 2080587
- The Time Zone and Default Locale can also be configured/checked via the Admin Center as follow:
- Import Employee Data > Basic Import then fill the Time Zone and Default Locale per user
- Employee Export – Export User File the Time Zone and Default Locale is visible in the respective columns.
- User directory file result
An application error occurred , KBA , application error , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To