You want to know why you were not able to rename some of the characteristics in the report that you have created.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Search for any custom report.
- Click on the Go button.
- Find that the fields you want to rename are present in the format ABC(DEF) under Add Fields option.
- Now edit the report using the Edit with Report Wizard option.
- Navigate to Step 3: Select Characteristics in Report Wizard.
- Search for the field: ABC by using the Show Filter Row option.
- Find that the fields are not present.
This is designed system behavior. Renaming of characteristics (using Report Wizard) is possible only for the characteristic fields that come directly from the Data Source on which the Report is built on.
Lets say the custom report is built on the data source - XYZ (XYZ represents that name of the data source) and XYZ also has a standard data source - DEF as one of its constituent data sources. If the field which you want to rename comes from the data source DEF (DEF represents the name of a data source) and not from XYZ then it will be denoted as ABC(DEF) in the report where DEF refers to the standard data source DEF. And because these fields come from a different (standard Data Source) data source, these fields cannot be edited or shown while editing the report in the Report Wizard.
Always check if the characteristic you want to rename comes directly from the data source on which the report is built on, if not then combine or join the data source with the one that has the required fields.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement