During the Fixed Asset migration process the error message 'Valuation view XXX not assigned to set of books YYY in company ABC' appears (XXX stands for the Valuation View ID, YYY for the Set of Books' and ABC the Company's).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant Project and select Open Activity List.
- Select Integrate and Extend.
- Search for the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity and click on Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the migration unit and select Execute Migration.
- Simulate the migration.
The following error is raised: 'Valuation View XXX Not Assigned To Set of Books YYY In Company ABC'
This error message appear when you add a Valuation View to a Set of Books after there have been already Fixed Assets created in the system. In this case the new Valuation View's status is Partially Active.
To check the status of the valuation view.
- Navigate to the Business Configuration and select the Implementation Project view.
- Select the relevant Project and click on Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine Tune tab.
- Search for the activity Set Of Books and open it.
- Select the appropriate Set of Books and click on Edit.
- Navigate to the Fixed Assets Settings tab.
- Select the Valuation View ID XXX.
Here, you can find the Valuation View status is set to Partially Active.
Here are the steps to fully activate the newly added valuation view for the respective Set of Books-Company combination:
First, delete all previously created Fixed Assets for the respective company.
Note: The Fixed Assets must be in In Process status. Once a Fixed Asset is already Capitalized then it is not possible to activate the new Valuation View for the respective Set of Books-Company combination.
After, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, navigate to the Implementation Projects view and open the Activity list.
- Navigate to the Fine Tune phase and select the Fixed Assets Valuation View activity and press Open.
- In the Valuation Views settings screen, navigate to Assignment to Accounting Principles sub-tab.
- Select the Accounting Principle applicable and press Delete.
- Press Save and Close.
- Close all set of books relevant screens, such as Business Configuration views, Open and Close Periods activity, New Fiscal Year activity.
Make sure no other user locks the set of books in any of these mentioned screens. This is required as the additional Accounting Principle for a Valuation View triggers backend changes on all the Set of Books assigned to the respective Accounting Principle.
Wait for 10 minutes, this is to avoid any inconsistency being created in the Set of Books Valuation View assignments while the Set of Books is being updated in the backend.
- Now, open the Fixed Asset Valuation View activity again in Fine Tuning.
- Press Add Row to add the Accounting Principle again to the Valuation View.
- Press Save and close.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend phase.
- Select Set of Books and click on Open.
- Select the appropriate set of books and click on Edit.
- Navigate to Fixed Asset Settings tab.
Now the Valuation View is added to the assigned company and Set of books with the Asset Valuation View Status 1 - Active. Now you will be able to do the migration without the above error message.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To