AICC communication is performed by HTTP posts comprised of a series of name/value pairs (see the table below).
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
When AICC content is launched from an LMS, two parameters are appended to the launch url: AICC_SID and AICC_URL. The content retrieves these parameters from the launch path and uses them to communicate back to the LMS. The AICC_URL is the LMS URL to which the AICC data is posted. The AICC_SID is a unique identifier for the learner, item, and content object. In an AICC post, the AICC_SID is returned to the LMS under the "session_id" parameter.
In the SuccessFactors LMS, the AICC launch parameters are composed of the following data:
- AICC_URL = <LMS protocol>://<LMS DNS>:<LMS port>/<LMS application context>/PwsAicc - for example if a learner logged into the LMS user application usinghttps://lms.company.com:7008/learning/user/login.jsp then the AICC_URL would behttps://lms.company.com:7008/learning/PwsAicc.
- AICC_SID = "C"<studCpntID>"M"<moduleID>"S" where the studCpntID is a unique numeric identifier for the student and item, and the moduleID is a unique numeric identifeir for the content object. for example, if the studCpntID = 175 and the modID = 21, then the AICC_SID would be C175M21S.
NOTE: Each student will have a unique AICC_SID for any given content object.
AICC HTTP POST PARAMETERS
|Command||Any valid AICC HTTP command (i.e., PutParam or GetParam)|
|Version||AICC Spec Version (SuccessFactors is certified under version 2.2)|
|Unique Session Identifier passed on the launch URL (AICC_SID value from the launch url)|
|AU_Password (This parameter is optional)||Assignable Unit (content object) specific password|
|AICC_Data||Data specific to the command. If the content was sending information to the LMS, this is the parameter under which the data would be sent. The AICC_Data value must be URL encoded. For more information, see the Standard AICC_DATA Values page.|
- The AICC_Data value is URL-encoded.
- The Name/value pairs can appear in any order.
- If an optional value is to be omitted, the name must also be omitted.
- The name of each parameter is not case sensitive.
The most common Commands:
"PutParam" and "GetParam" (PutParam sends data to the LMS, and GetParam retrieves data from the LMS). Others can be found under appendix A of the CMI Guidelines for Interoperability document. (See Attached)
Click on the examples below to see the LMS response data for GetParam and PutParam commands.
- %0D is the url-encoded value for a carriage return
- %0A is the url-encoded value for a line feed
- %3D is the url-encoded value for "="
- %26 the url-encoded value for "&"
KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To