I cloned my compensation template and now when launching a Variable Pay worksheet I cannot toggle to a Compensation worksheet.
SuccessFactors Compensation and Variable Pay
This type of change needs to be done in the xml and usually when you clone the template this piece of code does not get the correct template to link to.
In an effort to integrate Compensation and Variable Pay we have a feature available in compensation template only at this time to toggle/navigate between your compensation woksheet into variable pay and vice-versa.
- This allows both processes to have separate route maps, form life cycles and head of hierachy.
- Note that at this time this is an xml change and a Change Request to Technical Services Engineer will need to be filed and will affect new forms launched.
The assumptions are that:
- Every manager can have a plan/worksheets from different programs.
- Only one form instances of both Compensation and Variable Pay can be linked for editing/planning purposes. In the first release of this integration, it is going to be possible to pull Variable Pay information only from the latest (or one selected) Variable Pay template.
- Similar approach to that of the integration that exists between a Compensation and PM forms.
- If for some reason an employee is in two different templates, then the Variable Pay information presented in the Compensation worksheet is going to be incomplete.
- The relationship is established at creation time.
PARTNERS/SUPPORT INFO ONLY:
- Configuration is done in the xml
<comp-varpay-ref template-id="47" ref-to="varpay" active="true" />
Variable Pay Form:
<comp-varpay-ref template-id="681" ref-to="comp" active="true" />
- The ID's used for this are the ID's which are visible within provisioning
- The above tags MUST be added right before the closing tag of </comp-config>.
- Once you create new worksheets the link will look as follows.
- If include in both xml’s, this is then considered as bi-directional.
WARNING: If you wish to remove the interoperability, you MUST remove the whole xml tag, not just the template ID.
Leaving the code empty as below:
<comp-varpay-ref template-id="" ref-to="comp" active="true"/>
Would result in the following error "ServiceApplicationException caught in createCompPlans() due to DAOException caught: SQLException caught: ORA-00936: missing expression" and prevent form launch.
interoperability, ORA-00936: missing expression, ORA-00936 , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP-VAR , Compensation Integration Issues with Variable Pay , LOD-SF-CMP-FRM , Forms & Templates , How To