Error messages generated when you are trying to change Hire Date of an employee.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Personnel Administration workcenter, Employees view.
2. Open required Employee ID.
3. Go to Employment tab, Work Agreement subtab.
4. Select Change Hire Date button
5. Change the date in past.
[!] Save failed
[!] Error while updating employee's organizational assignment
The employee was initially a Service Agent and then hired as a Internal Employee.
1. Employee was hired as a service agent in the system with Org Unit : 9999, Job : Job1 on say 05.07.2013.
2. The service agent went through a job change on 03.02.2014 and thus although Org Unit remained as 9999, his Job got changed to Job2.
3. Eventually service agent was hired as an internal employee effective from 01.08.2014 keeping the same org and job combination as in step 2.
Now, you wants to change the internal employees' hire date to 01.10.2010. This is not supported, reason being he was a service agent (05.07.2013 - 31.07.2014) before his internal employee tenure started on 01.08.2014.
Such a backdated change in hire date would mean erasing his service agent tenure.
In case, you wants to reflect employee's seniority in the company for some reasons like availing benefits of a senior employee, he/she may do so by simply changing employee's Service Start Date in the Personnel File.
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To