In ODS (Advance Reporting), MDF fields getting hidden automatically even after enabling from backend
Online Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Online Report Designer
2. See if any MDF field is missing in ODS.
Most probably the data type of these fields will be defined as “CLOB” or “ATTACHMENT” under Configure Object Definitions
- Go to Admin Tools -> Configure Object Definitions -> Search for the MDF Object
2. This is an expected behavior for fields having a specific data type “CLOB” and “ATTACHMENT”. These types of fields will not be reportable in ODS.
3. If the Field data type is CLOB or ATTACHMENT, then the field will not be reportable in ODS.
- The concept behind the advanced reporting tool is that it is first and foremost a reporting environment. As part of the design it was decided that information that was stored in a CLOB field or as an attachment was not something that you would generally put in a report. We found that when these sorts of fields were being used in a report it was most likely a data export – not a report.
- If there is information within a CLOB field that you want to report on then it is ultimately on the BizX module owner to store this information in a better way.
- As of now there are only 2 MDF fields (CLOB and ATTACHMENT) which are made hidden by default.
ORD ODS Advance Reporting MDF CLOB ATTACHMENT , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem