- When running a learning report, generally, we use Filter to search and then select a list of entity(User, Item, etc..) as Input of the report
- If number of the entity to satisfy one search criteria is very large(i.e., more than 10000), it will cost a lot of time to add all of them into filter
- If some new entity is added into the system, to run the report on all of them(i.e., all users in one domain), it is necessary to change the search criteria to involve the new entities for scheduled/saved reports
- How to run a report on multiple entities easily and dynamically?
- SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Learning Admin application.
- Go to Reports tab and click any report to run.
- In Run Report window, click filter icon after one entity (i.e., User, Item, etc..).
- In the pop-up filter window, enter any search criteria (i.e., specific domain(s)) and then click Search button.
- Change Records per Page to All.
=>The performance is slow to show all entities if number is very large(i.e., more than 10000).
- Click Select All link and then click Add to Filter button.
=>The performance is also slow to add all of them into filter.
- Click Schedule Job or Save Report button for next time usage.
=>In this case, report will be generated without including any new entity, which is added to the system and satisfies the search criteria after that.
=>To include the new added entity, it is necessary to add it into filter as input of the report.
=>How to run the report dynamically on multiple entities without changing the filter each time?
In the step 4 above, after entering search criteria, instead of clicking Search button, please click Submit Criteria button. It will be done very soon, and all of entities which satisfy the search criteria(for example, all users in one domain) will be selected dynamically when running the report.
learn, learning, lms, report, multiple, entity, user, item, selection, large number, search criteria, submit criteria, more than , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , How To